The Social Data Science Lab maintains and distributes the ESRC COSMOS Open Data Analytics software. COSMOS is available at no cost to academic institutions and not-for-profit organisations. Please email us to request a download link using your institutional email address.
August 2020 update: COSMOS is currently being updated for modifications inline with the recent changes to the OAuth API. You will not be able to collect Twitter data until this is complete. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. A new version of COMSOS will be released in Autumn 2020.
COSMOS INSTRUCTION VIDEOS
1. Authorising COSMOS to collect Twitter Data
2. Collecting and Importing Twitter Data
3. Importing Pre Existing Twitter Data
4. Building Visualisations
5. Drilling Down into Data
6. Frequency Analysis
7. Network Analysis
8. Adding CSV Files
9. Adding RSS Feeds
10. Adding UK Census Data
11. Linking Social Media and UK Census Data
12. Taking Snapshots During Data Collection (v1.5)